MiniWriter application bug in 3.4.2 patch 3

Moderator: Rathinagiri

kcarmody

MiniWriter application bug in 3.4.2 patch 3

Post by kcarmody »

There is a bug in the MiniWriter application (SAMPLES\Applications\MiniWriter) in HMG 3.4.2 patch 3 and subsequent patches. In the original 3.4.2 and previous versions, this bug is not present. I'm seeing this bug in Windows 7 and have not tried other versions of Windows.

The bug is that clicking or hovering over any active control creates a rapidly flickering help bubble in an infinite loop and freezes, and the application must be force closed. Prior to patch 3, MiniWriter displays help bubbles without flickering and allows you to proceed normally.

MiniWriter is very similar to the Rich Edit demo (SAMPLES\Controls\RichEditBox) in its basic purpose, namely to function like WordPad. The main difference is that MiniWriter uses a ribbon interface like the WordPad in Windows 7, whereas the Rich Edit demo uses a menu and icon interface like the WordPad in XP.
srvet_claudio

Re: MiniWriter application bug in 3.4.2 patch 3

Post by srvet_claudio »

I will check.
Best regards.
Dr. Claudio Soto
(from Uruguay)
http://srvet.blogspot.com
kcarmody

Post by kcarmody »

srvet_claudio wrote:I will check.
Thank you, Claudio.
srvet_claudio

Post by srvet_claudio »

kcarmody wrote:There is a bug in the MiniWriter application (SAMPLES\Applications\MiniWriter) in HMG 3.4.2 patch 3 and subsequent patches. In the original 3.4.2 and previous versions, this bug is not present. I'm seeing this bug in Windows 7 and have not tried other versions of Windows.

The bug is that clicking or hovering over any active control creates a rapidly flickering help bubble in an infinite loop and freezes, and the application must be force closed. Prior to patch 3, MiniWriter displays help bubbles without flickering and allows you to proceed normally.

MiniWriter is very similar to the Rich Edit demo (SAMPLES\Controls\RichEditBox) in its basic purpose, namely to function like WordPad. The main difference is that MiniWriter uses a ribbon interface like the WordPad in Windows 7, whereas the Rich Edit demo uses a menu and icon interface like the WordPad in XP.
I fixed bug in Tooltip CustomDraw Event.

Thanks Kevin for report.
Best regards.
Dr. Claudio Soto
(from Uruguay)
http://srvet.blogspot.com
kcarmody

Post by kcarmody »

srvet_claudio wrote:I fixed bug in Tooltip CustomDraw Event.
Thank you, Claudio!