HMG New Version in GitHub

HMG announcements; Latest HMG-related news, releases, fixes and updates.

Moderator: Rathinagiri

jairpinho

Re: HMG New Version in GitHub

Post by jairpinho »

I'm doing tests with the official github, but I'm not allowed to change, only the creator can change, that way we get stuck again and the HMG remains with a single person because it is not published for everyone to contribute, so there are many programmers forks trying to help because the official does not allow public recording or global contribution, again we are waiting for a person to have time to update the improvements, how should we make everyone contribute faster updates? make more people responsible to update files on github

Español/Spanish

Estoy haciendo pruebas con el github oficial, pero no se me permite cambiar, solo el creador puede cambiar, así nos quedamos atascados de nuevo y el HMG se queda con una sola persona porque no está publicado para que todos contribuyan, así que hay muchas bifurcaciones de programadores tratando de ayudar porque el funcionario no permite grabación pública ni contribución global, nuevamente estamos esperando que una persona tenga tiempo para actualizar las mejoras, ¿cómo deberíamos hacer que todos contribuyan con actualizaciones más rápidas? hacer que más personas sean responsables de actualizar archivos en github

hmg-official-no write.png
hmg-official-no write.png (12.61 KiB) Viewed 53871 times
Jair Pinho
HMG ALTA REVOLUÇÃO xBASE
HMG xBASE REVOLUTION HIGH
http://www.hmgforum.com.br
Rathinagiri
DBs Used: MariaDB, SQLite, SQLCipher and MySQL

Post by Rathinagiri »

Hi Jain Pinho,

I am new to GitHub.

This is my understanding of GitHub. I am so sorry if I am wrong. Please correct me.

There is one master. Collaborators can add/modify anything. If you want to be a collaborator, I can make you so.
Forks can be created and started contributing.
At one particular point, we can merge all the forks and that can be made as Master.
If you want to modify directly in Master, be a collaborator. If you want to have a fork and modify the source, then we can merge at regular intervals.
East or West HMG is the Best.
South or North HMG is worth.
...the possibilities are endless.
apais
DBs Used: DBF

Post by apais »

Rathi,

You are the only user on the repository, so commits must be made by YOU.
There are 2 pending pull requests already. Some of them many months old.

I see 2 solutions: either share the ownership with some other ( more knowledgeable) people, like Carlos Britos or go to youtube and watch some videos about GitHub management.

The good thing is: things are starting to move forward!

Best Regards
Angel Pais
Web Apps consultant/architect/developer.
HW_apache (webserver modules) co-developer.
HbTron (Html GUI for harbour desktop hybrid apps) co-developer.
https://www.hbtron.com
serge_girard
DBs Used: 1 MySQL - MariaDB
2 DBF

Post by serge_girard »

I'm a newbie too... I'm not really core developer, I'm more application programmer.
Do I need GitHub (only to download from)?

Serge
There's nothing you can do that can't be done...
jairpinho

Post by jairpinho »

Rathinagiri wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:12 am Hi Jain Pinho,

I am new to GitHub.

This is my understanding of GitHub. I am so sorry if I am wrong. Please correct me.

There is one master. Collaborators can add/modify anything. If you want to be a collaborator, I can make you so.
Forks can be created and started contributing.
At one particular point, we can merge all the forks and that can be made as Master.
If you want to modify directly in Master, be a collaborator. If you want to have a fork and modify the source, then we can merge at regular intervals.

hello Rathi, if you are going to update more often the master repository can be like this, then you must create new branches, example (hotfix = corrections) and (update = updates), this way all collaborators can commit to these branches created with their changes and description of it, so it will not update the branch in the master repository, leaving the two owners to compile and review the update in the offshore repository, and speeding up the update speed once the owners get the changed file.

If you want to modify directly in the Master, be a collaborator? yes, me and other collaborators who know gitbub and know how to change and compile HMG with the changes before uploading to the master repository, for those who know how to use git can send the file on the forum which we can test and publish in the repository more quickly

Español/Spanish
hola Rathi, si vas a actualizar con más frecuencia el repositorio maestro puede ser así, entonces debes crear nuevas ramas, ejemplo (hotfix = correcciones) y (actualizar = actualizaciones), de esta manera todos los colaboradores pueden comprometerse con estas ramas creadas con sus cambios y descripción de la misma, por lo que no actualizará la rama en el repositorio principal, dejando que los dos propietarios compilen y revisen la actualización en el repositorio offshore y aceleren la velocidad de actualización una vez que los propietarios obtengan el archivo modificado.

Si quieres modificar directamente en el Master, ¿ser colaborador? sí, yo y otros colaboradores que conocen gitbub y sabemos cómo cambiar y compilar HMG con los cambios antes de enviarlos al repositorio maestro, para aquellos que sepan usar git podemos enviar el archivo en el foro el cual podemos probar y publicar en el repositorio más rápidamente
Jair Pinho
HMG ALTA REVOLUÇÃO xBASE
srvet_claudio

Post by srvet_claudio »

Hi,
IMHO the only ones who can make changes to the master repository is the HMG development team. The development team is responsible for verifying whether the suggested changes as they are adequate or need any correction or previous adaptation before incorporating into the source code. In other words, GitHub is not a substitute for the development team of any project.
Best regards.
Dr. Claudio Soto
(from Uruguay)
http://srvet.blogspot.com
jairpinho

Post by jairpinho »

srvet_claudio wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:25 pm Hi,
IMHO the only ones who can make changes to the master repository is the HMG development team. The development team is responsible for verifying whether the suggested changes as they are adequate or need any correction or previous adaptation before incorporating into the source code. In other words, GitHub is not a substitute for the development team of any project.
hello Rathi, if you are going to update more often the master repository can be like this, then you must create new branches, example (hotfix = corrections) and (update = updates), this way all collaborators can commit to these branches created with their changes and description of it, so it will not update the branch in the master repository, leaving the two owners to compile and review the update in the offshore repository, and speeding up the update speed once the owners get the changed file.

Hello Claudio, this way we continue to depend on you and Rathi to update, since there are updates and they have not been made, that is, both of you do not have time to update and dedicate yourself to helping HMG more often, in the same way that we are already depending on Roberto to update the IDE that does not provide the Source Code to evolve with the community with native resources that does not harm the essence of HMG. today analyzing all your answers from Rathi and Roberto on the forum, I understand that they want HMG to be with only three of you and not with the community, putting on the git hub has the purpose of evolving for everyone and not just for you three. Summing up all of this today, I understand why an extended version of the HMG was created and with many native resources that could have in the official HMG, in conclusion we are stuck in time and in this way that we are leading we will no longer evolve with the new existing resources.

That's how I think !!
maybe because of these attitudes we should create an Open-HMG-Official and thus evolve the HMG through everyone's contribution more quickly and giving access to all even those with less experience in github and HMG compilation

Español
Hola Claudio, de esta manera seguimos dependiendo de ti y Rathi para actualizar, ya que hay actualizaciones y no se han hecho, es decir, los dos no tenéis tiempo para actualizar y dedicaros a ayudar a HMG más a menudo, así como ya estamos dependiendo de Roberto para actualizar el IDE que no brinda el Código Fuente para evolucionar con la comunidad con recursos nativos que no dañen la esencia de HMG. hoy analizando todas sus respuestas de Rathi y Roberto en el foro, entiendo que quieren que HMG esté solo con tres de ustedes y no con la comunidad, poner en el git hub tiene el propósito de evolucionar para todos y no solo para ustedes tres. Resumiendo todo el día de hoy, entiendo por qué se creó una versión extendida del HMG y con muchos recursos nativos que podría haber en el HMG oficial, en conclusión estamos estancados en el tiempo y de esta manera están liderando ya no vamos a evolucionar con los nuevos recursos existentes.

¡¡Así es como pienso !!
tal vez debido a estas actitudes deberíamos crear un Open-HMG-Official y así evolucionar el HMG a través de la contribución de todos más rápidamente y dando acceso a todos, incluso a aquellos con menos experiencia en compilación de github y HMG
Jair Pinho
HMG ALTA REVOLUÇÃO xBASE
AUGE_OHR
DBs Used: DBF, PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite

Post by AUGE_OHR »

hi,

i "think" there is a Difference of HMG "Core-LIB" and User Contribution.

in \Source you have C Code for API Function and PRG as "Wrapper" for xBase Syntax
so that work is on C Level which i have to learn when i want to enhance a Control

but HMG have Folder \Sample and that is for User Contribution.
User Contribution are based on LIB which are include in "Core-LIB" using hmg32.hbc / hmg64.hbc

---

i like to request SSL as Default in hmg32.hbc / hmg64.hbc as Core-Part

Code: Select all

# ***** include this lines *****

libs=hbssl
libs=libeay32
libs=ssleay32

# ***** end include this lines *****
using these LIBs and Class hbTip() User can make Email or sFTP Contribution with HMG
have fun
Jimmy
danielmaximiliano

Post by danielmaximiliano »

apais wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:18 am Carlos.
Diego y yo ya habíamo hecho lo mismo hace unas semanas.
Pero a nadie pareció importarle.
Mi link: https://github.com/apais/hmgbinaries

Espero que alguien lo integre en el github de HMG algún día.
Hola Apais:
como lo utilizo?
yo descargo Harbour desde Github en formato zip, me fijo la ultima version de MinGW64
con un batch genero Harbour64 que lo copio a la carpeta de hmg, pero hoy descargue HMG.3.5 y no funciona la compilacion en modo 64 al hacer los mismos pasos :cry:
*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´. (¸.·` *
.·`. Harbour/HMG : It's magic !
(¸.·``··*

Saludos / Regards
DaNiElMaXiMiLiAnO

Whatsapp. := +54901169026142
Telegram Name := DaNiElMaXiMiLiAnO
apais
DBs Used: DBF

Post by apais »

La compilacion se hace en los servers de GitHub
Para eso primero hay que resolver todas las dependencias.
Vos como usuario sólo te bajas los binarios.
Si queres hacer tu propia version, tenes que hacer un fork.
Last edited by apais on Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Angel Pais
Web Apps consultant/architect/developer.
HW_apache (webserver modules) co-developer.
HbTron (Html GUI for harbour desktop hybrid apps) co-developer.
https://www.hbtron.com