HBuGUI

Issues and Discussions related to Harbour

Moderator: Rathinagiri

PeteWG

Re: HBuGUI

Post by PeteWG »

Roberto Lopez wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:25 pm <...>
SourceForge offers public download statistics.
Harbour (in all of its forms) is still very alive. I hope that someone can finally find the way to drive the xBase spirit to web/mobile development.
you probably know what they say about statistics: :mrgreen:
"Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital."

... and, in our case, what is this the statistics certainly do conceal and not say,
is the average age of those downloading `Harbour compiler and friends`!
Also, I might (and I wish too) be wrong, but I hardly believe that anyone of
the "once upon a time" core developers (and users, as well)
have the interest and probably the energy to realize such a hope (about xBase-like web/dev tool).
and, no new blood seems entering the Harbour programming field. :cry:
And then again, "never say never"... ;)
(mod_harbour shows something is moving in this direction..)

regards,
Pete
jairpinho

Post by jairpinho »

Roberto Lopez wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:21 am
jairpinho wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:50 pm I feel compelled to clarify this: HMG is completely open source.
Where are the IDE sources? this resource needs to be improved, all sources of hmg are in the installer or do you need something else?
Well... I've decided to not publish IDE sources, since it is badly coded (by me, of course :D).

It was originally conceived as a visual designer for a small subset of controls and then, it grew out of control, since I was focused primarily on GUI library development.

One of the best things about open source, is that you can learn from others code. This is very important point to me, since I was a computer science teacher for many years.

So, IDE is a sort of bad example of programming and IMHO not a good thing to be published.

Anyway, if people is interesting on improving it yet, I could made it available, with a big disclaimer "DO NOT CODE LIKE THIS" :D

Hello Roberto, I would like to try to help improve the ide and use it as a basis for a university job where I would use its ide for machine control systems like PLC supervisors. could send the source code of the latest IDE update 1.02b
Jair Pinho
HMG ALTA REVOLUÇÃO xBASE
HMG xBASE REVOLUTION HIGH
http://www.hmgforum.com.br
jparada

Post by jparada »

Roberto,

A nivel seguridad en este tipo de aplicaciones qué se debe considerar, lo pregunto porque un amigo me hace mucho énfasis en que se debe controlar muy bien el tema de qué usuario accede a la aplicación, pero no sólo a nivel BD como yo pensaría, es decir una tabla de usuarios y contraseñas, sino que me comenta el tema de:

- Validar usuarios
- Validar sesiones
- Uso de Token
- Objetos Usuario

Claro que esto es haciendo referencia a un servidor web que el está desarrollando con harbour, por ello tomar estas medidas, pero en nuestro caso con este tipo de aplicaciones JS/PHP, cómo desarrollas de una manera consistente con la seguridad y la funcionalidad?, quiero decir, si tienes algo de tiempo disponible me gustaría hablarás de este tipo de detalles, por lo menos desde tu experiencia cómo lo has montado, hablando teóricamente, digo teoría, para por el momento no liarnos con código e ir entendiendo esos detalles que eso sí es lo que asusta en este tipo de aplicaciones contra los que venimos de GUI.

Gracias.

Saludos,
Javier
Pcmodula

Post by Pcmodula »

jairpinho wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:04 am
jairpinho wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:50 pm I feel compelled to clarify this: HMG is completely open source.
Where are the IDE sources? this resource needs to be improved, all sources of hmg are in the installer or do you need something else?
Well... I've decided to not publish IDE sources, since it is badly coded (by me, of course :D).

It was originally conceived as a visual designer for a small subset of controls and then, it grew out of control, since I was focused primarily on GUI library development.

One of the best things about open source, is that you can learn from others code. This is very important point to me, since I was a computer science teacher for many years.

So, IDE is a sort of bad example of programming and IMHO not a good thing to be published.

Anyway, if people is interesting on improving it yet, I could made it available, with a big disclaimer "DO NOT CODE LIKE THIS" :D

Hello Roberto, I would like to try to help improve the ide and use it as a basis for a university job where I would use its ide for machine control systems like PLC supervisors. could send the source code of the latest IDE update 1.02b
Hi jairpinho, wasted words, as stated above ...
Unfortunately, given that hmg is dying abandoned, I do not think the request of only two aficionados will be granted.

If I wrote wrong things, excuse me, but it makes me angry to see a nice "free" project that is actually handcuffed

My two cents.

PcModula
Anand
DBs Used: DBF

Post by Anand »

Well, there is ide source (may be old) at https://docs.google.com/open?id=0ByGCQD ... GNuQjJybnc
of https://vivaclipper.wordpress.com/tag/hmg-ide/

See if it helps.

Regards,

Anand
Regards,

Anand

jairpinho

Post by jairpinho »

Anand wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:12 am Well, there is ide source (may be old) at https://docs.google.com/open?id=0ByGCQD ... GNuQjJybnc
of https://vivaclipper.wordpress.com/tag/hmg-ide/

See if it helps.

Regards,

Anand

thanks, but the sources are just from the example application being created in ide and not the source of ide, all downloads are from cleinte's example example. I will try to use the idea of hmgs and trying to adapt to hmg will be very difficult, it would be easier to understand a hmg already and try to improve, thanks even Anand for trying to help
Jair Pinho
HMG ALTA REVOLUÇÃO xBASE
jairpinho

Post by jairpinho »

Pcmodula wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:38 am
jairpinho wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:04 am

Hi jairpinho, wasted words, as stated above ...
Unfortunately, given that hmg is dying abandoned, I do not think the request of only two aficionados will be granted.

If I wrote wrong things, excuse me, but it makes me angry to see a nice "free" project that is actually handcuffed

My two cents.

PcModula
I am really seeing that we are without support in the improvements and to try to help in something. we could evolve helping everyone in the community but we need some information because we don't have all the knowledge of the creators we are students trying to evolve what we have learned.
Jair Pinho
HMG ALTA REVOLUÇÃO xBASE
Anand
DBs Used: DBF

Post by Anand »

HMG MiniGUI Extended IDE, which is different from HMG one, has its sources on the MiniGUI Forum.
One can use it to extended features if required.

Regards,

Anand
Regards,

Anand

Pcmodula

Post by Pcmodula »

Anand wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:13 pm HMG MiniGUI Extended IDE, which is different from HMG one, has its sources on the MiniGUI Forum.
One can use it to extended features if required.
Thanks Anand, i have discovered HMG MiniGUI Extended IDE, if you select Help menu and then Update uou can obtain the latest source.
Obviously it's not the one to work with HMG, but it's already a better start than the one offered by HMG!

Too bad the competition proves to be better, now I understand why they call it Extended.

Many thanks.
Pcmodula
sistemascvc

Post by sistemascvc »

Hi Roberto:

I was trying to reach you by email without success in order to know more about JMG.
I have the 0.8 version. I need to know if you have an updated version.
I like it so much I am planning to develop in JMG some apps that should be run in all platforms.
I only had a few problems , In a grid I can't right align numbers, I did it in hmgweb with some modifications in the core, but not with JMG
I think JMG is more easy pass parameters from one module to another and modify the code without compile it.

I have a question?

why you use PHP for the mysql manage if is possible get access to MySQL from java-script directly. Any special reason?

I will appreciate if you can share a newer version with some improvements.

best regards
Ciro