GST (for India) billing software

You can share your experience with HMG. Share with some screenshots/project details so that others will also be benefited.

Moderator: Rathinagiri

sudip

GST (for India) billing software

Post by sudip »

Hello,

I am searching for a HMG project for GST billing. I don't have finance background and have very little knowledge on GST (India). Can any friend will help me? I want to develop a medium sized project based on this.

Please be safe during this pandemic situation.

Thanks in advance :)
With best regards,
Sudip
vientopamperosur
DBs Used: DBF, SQLite, MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL

Re: GST (for India) billing software

Post by vientopamperosur »

Hola, soy de Argentina y estaré felíz de ayudarte si es que existen similitudes entre nuestro sistema de facturación y el suyo. Solo dime que necesitas.
sudip

Re: GST (for India) billing software

Post by sudip »

Hello,
Thanks a lot!!! :D
It has different tax percentages for different product groups. And within each tax percentage also there are half for central government (they call it CGST, ie, Central Goods and Service Tax) and state government (similarly they call it SGST, ie, State Goods and Service Tax).
I am not a finance person, but as far I understand sale and purchase entries will be the same. And for each month the user (eg, a retailer) will send a report in JSON format which will show bill wise detail for purchase and sale along with different tax percentage headings. The retailer have to pay the difference amount of sale and purchase GST amount to the government.
This is all I understood so far. But, as I stated, this is a layman's understanding.
Thank you again! :D
With best regards,
Sudip