New Forum for user functions

Forum help and suggestions to improve this forum.

Moderator: Rathinagiri

danielmaximiliano

New Forum for user functions

Post by danielmaximiliano »

Hola Rathi y Serge :

creo que sería buena idea de tener un nuevo foro donde se encuentren todas estas funciones que se generan y crean a partir de una
solicitud de parte de algunos de los miembros de HMG.

Hi Rathi and Serge:

I think it would be good idea to have a new forum where all these functions are generated and create from a
request by some members of HMG.
*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´. (¸.·` *
.·`. Harbour/HMG : It's magic !
(¸.·``··*

Saludos / Regards
DaNiElMaXiMiLiAnO

Whatsapp. := +54901169026142
Telegram Name := DaNiElMaXiMiLiAnO
Rathinagiri
DBs Used: MariaDB, SQLite, SQLCipher and MySQL

Re: Search string in EDITBOX

Post by Rathinagiri »

Yes, I like it.

Give it a name. :)
East or West HMG is the Best.
South or North HMG is worth.
...the possibilities are endless.
bpd2000

Post by bpd2000 »

danielmaximiliano wrote:Hola Rathi y Serge :

creo que sería buena idea de tener un nuevo foro donde se encuentren todas estas funciones que se generan y crean a partir de una

Hi Rathi and Serge:

I think it would be good idea to have a new forum where all these functions are generated and create from a
I also vote for views
BPD
Convert Dream into Reality through HMG
danielmaximiliano

rathinagiri wrote:Yes, I like it.

Give it a name. :)
"User Functions and procedures"

no es muy pomposo el nombre pero aqui se dejaria todas las funciones que se realizan por pedido de ayuda de algun miembro, si el mismo es modificado se editaria el codigo y parte del mensaje para publicar el nuevo codigo que reemplazaria al anterior codigo por parte del publicador.

not very pompous name but here it would leave all the functions that are performed at the request of any member help, if it is modified would edit the code and part of the message to publish the new code that would replace the previous code by the Publisher.
*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´. (¸.·` *
(¸.·``··*

Saludos / Regards
DaNiElMaXiMiLiAnO

Pablo César

Search string in EDITBOX

Post by Pablo César »

danielmaximiliano wrote:Hola Rathi y Serge :

Hi Rathi and Serge:

Sorry, I do not agree with this. IMO, creation of new section of forum, will demand more care for user and admins. I think topics make a info concentration and as serge_girard mentioned: "But this functions needs to be improved:" some times these indicated routines, become better with improvements after users participations. So reading topic at once: is ideal, not to divide. This is my forum experience...
HMGing a better world
"Matter tells space how to curve, space tells matter how to move."
Albert Einstein
danielmaximiliano

Pablo César wrote:Sorry, I do not agree with this. IMO, creation of new section of forum, will demand more care for user and admins. I think topics make a info concentration and as serge_girard mentioned: "But this functions needs to be improved:" some times these indicated routines, become better with improvements after users participations. So reading topic at once: is ideal, not to divide. This is my forum experience...
Hola Pablo: como usted se informa de las nuevas publicaciones en HMGforum ?.
*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´. (¸.·` *
(¸.·``··*

Saludos / Regards
DaNiElMaXiMiLiAnO

Pablo César

Search string in EDITBOX

Post by Pablo César »

danielmaximiliano wrote:Hola Pablo: como usted se informa de las nuevas publicaciones en HMGforum ?.
Al ver la nuevas publicaciones, sigue sirviendo. Pero... lo que me refiero es que abrir nuevas secciones, solo daria más trabajo tanto para el usuário como para el administrador del fórum. No que eso sea algo terrible, pero para mi punto de vista en estes casos lo veo desnecesário. Porque además el fórum ya há empezado sin esta division propuesta y eso iria demandar la re-organizacion de tópicos que atenderian tal division.
Es apenas mi opinion y no me opongo a cambios que traigan beneficios todos. Tambien puedes tutearme, así se nos hace más próximo nuestra comunicación. :)

-- Translated to English

View of Unreading Posts, also serves the purpose. But ... what I try to mean is that opening new sections, it will demand for more work (both, users and forum administrator). That's is not terrible thing, but for my point of view, this is unnecessary as being in common place. And at begininng the forum has started without this proposed division and would go demand the re-organization of old topics that would attend such a division.
It's just my opinion and I am not opposed to change to bring benefits everyone. You can also to address with me informally, please. Just to made ​​our communication closer. (due spanish protocol treatment) :)
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein
CalScot

Post by CalScot »

I agree with Daniel that it would be good to have all these things in one place, but I also agree with Pablo that it could make some things more difficult to find (having to look in many places?) and become difficult to manage.

A possible solution could be for anyone who posts code or examples to include a standardized search reference list at the end of their post. For example:

KEYWORDS: AT(), SEARCH, TEXTBOX

This would mean that anyone doing a search (which I did a LOT when I started) could enter "KEYWORDS: SEARCH TEXTBOX" and would find all related posts with code or a sample.
The downside is that this wouldn't help with older posts, but it could work going forward.

Just a suggestion!
CalScot.
Pablo César

Search string in EDITBOX

Post by Pablo César »

This is precisely the point that CalScot exposed which makes un forum of great help: the search system. Often the search engine of the forum is not the strings that usually find on Google. For greater conformity localization content of the messages, we should invest in a better system search here on the forum.

I think the main reason of deficiency is due to index data of forum system based for php.
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein
danielmaximiliano

Pablo César wrote:Al ver la nuevas publicaciones, sigue sirviendo. Pero... lo que me refiero es que abrir nuevas secciones, solo daria más trabajo tanto para el usuário como para el administrador del fórum. No que eso sea algo terrible, pero para mi punto de vista en estes casos lo veo desnecesário. Porque además el fórum ya há empezado sin esta division propuesta y eso iria demandar la re-organizacion de tópicos que atenderian tal division.
Es apenas mi opinion y no me opongo a cambios que traigan beneficios todos. Tambien puedes tutearme, así se nos hace más próximo nuestra comunicación. :)
Pablo: esto sirve como principio de un ordenamiento dentro de HMGforum, todos los dias al entrar hacemos click sobre " View new posts"
esto nos lleva a las novedades diarias; pero en algún momento buscamos algo y el "Search" nos trae un "Poco de todo", bueno sería buscar nuestras necesidades en un poco mas exacto, como dice
CalScot wrote:A possible solution could be for anyone who posts code or examples to include a standardized search reference list at the end of their post. For example:

KEYWORDS: AT(), SEARCH, TEXTBOX
esto es bueno ya que un Hashtag # nos llevaria a una mejor busqueda no solo de "palabras" sino del codigo fuente propiamente dicho. esto filtraria un poco contenidos no buscados, sino intente buscar "Textbox", ahora si tiene un #Textbox encontraria algo relacionado a un problema/solucion por parte de otro miembro.

Translate google

Pablo: it serves as an ordering principle within HMGforum, every day to get you click on "View new posts"
This brings us to the daily news, but at some point we seek something and the "Search" brings a "little of everything", well would find our needs a bit more accurate, as it says
CalScot wrote: A possible Could be solution for anyone who posts code or examples to include a standardized search reference list at the end of Their post. For example:

KEYWORDS: AT (), SEARCH, TEXTBOX
this is good because a Hashtag # would lead us to a better search not only "words" but the source code itself. this would filter some unintended content, but try searching for "Textbox", now if you have a #Textbox would find something related to a problem/solution by another member.
*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´. (¸.·` *
(¸.·``··*

Saludos / Regards
DaNiElMaXiMiLiAnO